1. Hidden low pitch roof. Traditionally, low-pitch-roofs have been looked down upon as inferior to pitched shingle roofs. We now have a low pitch roofing system that not only has a longer life expectancy than shingles, but exceeds Energy Star and LEED (“Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design” - Green Building Certification) requirements. Unlike any Shingle roof the SRI (Solar Reflective Index) is 90 out of 100 perfect LEED score. This means the roof is absorbing very little of the heat energy from the sun.
2. Roof Structure: Conventional trusses with Isonene sealed underneath the roof plywood to form a “thermos” type seal on the house.
3. Another issue Floridians have to deal with is insect invasion into their homes. In an average home, there are many places for bugs to infiltrate. But in this home, you need to open your door to let them in, because there's no other way for them to get into the house. Gives peace of mind to many that don’t like the bug part of Florida living.
4. Solar Photovoltaic Grid Tied Power Generating System sized to the home for its energy requirements. This system is installed on the hidden low pitch roof. A major issue of solar power has been the visibility of the solar panels on a home’s roof. We have eliminated that unsightliness. This system is tied into the FPL grid and requires no maintenance, just day after day it keeps providing Free Green Power for the home.
5. The Exterior walls are projecting above the low-pitch-roof. Structurally they are CBS with steel reinforced concrete. From the outside, they look like traditional stucco, but the finish is superior to stucco in every way. Behind the exterior textured finish is a modified EPS (expanded polystyrene super insulated and waterproofed wall system). The insulation is on the outside of the block walls, where it really belongs, creating a high thermal mass on the interior of the home. Interior thermal mass is essential in interior temperature modulation.
6. Hurricane Resistance: This home outperforms all conventional traditionally built homes under the current hurricane code.
7. Interior Comfort Environment: Air Conditioning and Heating are provided by Equipment that yields Energy Efficiencies 2-4 times better than the average equipment installed in homes today. All ductwork is inside conditioned spaces but not visible. The environment remains totally comfortable at a fraction of the cost in the normal home today, with attention given to indoor air quality.
1. Designed to be a NET ZERO home, powered by a Solar Photovoltaic energy system, this house is designed to produce all the power it uses, with connection to the Utility Grid only as a backup for peak periods. An optional battery power pack is available, making this house completely independent of all Utility Grid grid power. Great for inexpensive lots with no power available or remote Island locations!
2. The photovoltaic system produces maintenance Free Green Power for your home.
3. The Solar Domestic Hot Water heating system with a solar powered, circulating pump provides all the hot water needs of the home.
4. Smart Home integration, programmable, communicating thermostat to control your A/C from your smart phone. Various electrical components of the home can be managed thru the Smart Home Features.
No lack in that department either! Here is a partial listing of standard items in the Sunseeker Model:
1. Recessed LED lights, all light fixtures equipped with LED bulbs (see Smart Home features of this house).
2. Ultra-Green super quiet bath exhaust fans
3. Upgraded Overhead door included: Canon Ridge, Insulated, Ultra Grain Factory Finished Old World Wood look Design
4. Automatic Overhead Garage Door opener with Keyless Entry
5. Floor Tile throughout the Entire Living Area
6. Decorator Tile in Bath Showers
7. Quality plumbing fixtures and energy efficcient ppliances
8. Contemporary or Traditional Trim work with 8 foot interior doors and large mouldings
9. Modern Contemporary or Traditional Cabinets.
10. Built in Pantry and Linen with Custom Closet Shelving
11. Granite Countertops with under mount sinks throughout
12. ThermaTru Best Classic Craft Fiberglass Exterior doors with Rot Proof Jambs. The look of real wood with the life expectancy of Fiberglass
13. Exterior Ceilings finished with Hardiboard or Acrylic finish to match exterior walls
14. “Smart” Super-Efficient Ceiling Fans
15. Paver brick Driveway and Sidewalk
16. Beautiful Open Beam Ceilings with Tile Roofs over the Front Entry, Lanai and Select Windows.
17. Pool, Paver Deck and High Cage and Solar Powered Pumping Station
18. Energy Star Appliance Allowance